INTRODUCTION TO INTERFLORA BRITISH UNIT AND THE WWW.MYREMINDERS.CO.UK WEBSITE.
The website at www.myReminders.co.uk (the "Website") is owned by Interflora British Unit ("we/us"). For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller in respect of the Website is Interflora British Unit. We are committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to our Website. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it, including what type of information is collected and tracked on the Website, how the information is used, and with whom the information is shared.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect three types of information from users of the Website: (i) "Your Personal Information" (including, but not limited to, your name, telephone number, or e-mail address; (ii) "Third Party Personal Information" (including the name, date of birth or address of other people you choose to provide to us), and (i) and (ii) together "Personal Information"; and (iii) anonymous "Aggregate Information" (such as information about how many users log on to our Website). The Personal Information we may collect and process includes:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our services or requesting further services, including, but not limited to, your name, telephone, or e-mail address;
- details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT, INCLUDING DISCLOSURES TO THIRD PARTIES
The Personal Information you provide on the Website will be used, amongst other things, for the following purposes:
- to enable us to provide reminder services to you;
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- if Interflora British Unit or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Interflora British Unit, our customers, or others.
While no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure, the security of our system is very important to us. We seek to ensure that up-to-date data storage and security techniques are used to protect the Personal Information. All our employees and any third parties we engage to process the Personal Information are also obliged to respect the confidentiality of this Personal Information. The Personal Information is held on a secure online server utilising the Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL) standard. This is the same online protection as used by banks and financial services to protect their clients.
We may also use Your Personal Information to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by e-mail or SMS.
TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ABROAD
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our Website. This can include using a "cookie" which is a small file that can be stored on your browser. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings. We also aggregate this data to perform statistical analyses of the characteristics and behaviour of our Website visitors. Cookies are also used as a further means of ensuring private and secure purchase sessions are operated within the site.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser (for example, using Internet Explorer select 'internet options' from the 'tools' menu, then click 'security', followed by 'custom level' and select 'disable cookies'). However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled. For more information about cookies, including how to set your internet browser to reject cookies, please go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
We have a legal obligation to ensure that the Personal Information is kept accurate and up to date. Please assist us to comply with this obligation by informing us of any changes to the Personal Information. You have the right to request details of the information we hold about you and to delete or rectify any inaccurate information about you by sending us a written request to:
MyReminders.co.uk Customer Services
Interflora British Unit
Lincolnshire NG34 7TB
stating your full name and your address.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use Personal Information we will notify you by e-mail or an announcement on the Website. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes.
If you have any questions, comments or requests about privacy you can e-mail us at Help@myReminders.co.uk.